Saturday 20 June 2009

Nostalgic... why?



Okay so its 1.45am here in England, and you may be wondering why I am writing a blog at this insane hour? Today has been a hectic day. I got up at 10am, and realised it was the last day I was going to spend with my boyfriend for 3 weeks as he was leaving to go to his home in Luxembourg. His dad arrived around 12pm, and I was aiming to please by making custard tarts for Philip to take home for himself and his family, and I cooked me, Philip and his dad onion soup.

It was sad to see Philip go as it feels like a lifetime being away from him, when in fact its just under 3 weeks (2 weeks and 5 days in fact). I cried 4 times yesterday about him leaving, in secret but I tried to keep a brave face. Then today I cried once when he went out to drop his key off at the uni, even though I knew he was coming back for a few more hours! I was washing up one minute, the next minute I was crying for what seemed to be no reason. I think the main reason I was upset was because I know me and Philip haven't been apart for even a day so far! Even when we have had really busy schedules, we've managed to hang out for at least an hour in a day. This will be our first ever break apart.

Tomorrow... or in fact, later today... I am going home too. I've spent the last 5 hours cleaning both bathrooms, hoovering the kitchen, living room, hall way, landing, stairs; polishing, washing up, cleaning cupboards, cleaning the fridge and freezer, cleaning the oven, doing a few bits of last minute packing and then carrying almost the entire contents of my room downstairs ready to be put into the van tomorrow morning.

Now, you may be wondering why I am on here writing a blog and not in bed. I ask myself the same question! I guess I can't sleep because I am thinking about Philip and how I miss him already and I won't be able to kiss him goodnight, but also because I am excited about going home. Another part of me is feeling nostalgic... after all these bad memories, I feel nostalgic?! WHY?!?!

The only times I can recall being happy here was when me and Philip was becoming really good friends... bonding, as it were... and some really fun moments when me and Philip had been together (to be honest, most of the time we have been together has been fun but noteable times are: when we first became really good friends by Philip eating his dinner at the same time I was watching 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' and he would do funny impressions and I'd take the piss out of the theme tune :P, also when we've messed about playing silly games such as "finding Philip with a towel on my head", snow day when we all had the day off uni and built snowmen! (Philip's came out like a baby penguin with a saucepan for its head), also the time Philip did some DIY outfit for me because I was going out for fancy dress... he made me a mask for my 'robber' outfit haha, then there was all the times watching bad girls until insane hours, then there was the time he got me addicted to sesame street and the muppet show... particularly cookie monster! Then all the times me and Philip laughed about silly things, and Philip used to tell me terrible old jokes that nobody found funny yet somehow I would be cracking up for 20 minutes about that one thing i.e. whats black and white and 'red' all over = a newspaper! HAHA BOOM BOOM. And then there was the night of Lucy's birthday party and there were many crazy drunks downstairs so me and Philip "set up camp" in my room and chatted and played DS all night... after that we became DS addicts haha. Also when Philip cooked me a meal or I cooked him a meal and we'd have a romantic meal together... a noteable example of this was valentines day when I made him a lasagne). Whilst that may seem like a lot, it has been a year here, and there has been so much trouble. Many arguments, the whole issue with Simon, the many issues with Tom and Lucy, and the invaders such as rats, ants and a dead mouse under my floorboards! Not to mention the house is falling apart and nothing seems to work.

Random side note:
I kept editing this list the entire time I was making this blog... theres been soooo many good times with Philip!



Yet somehow I still feel nostalgic. I even sometimes smile when I think back to the first week of university, even though I now know it was all superficial. I just loved the 'team/house spirit'. We cooked together, ate together, went out to the pub together, and just generally hung out and had a good time together... for the first week anyway. Then everything changed.

But hey. Whilst I may not miss Tom, Lucy, the downs, and nothing working... I will miss the funny times that me and Philip shared in the house particularly in his room, my room and the living room!

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure!

Fancy-dress for law social as a robber... Philip made the mask :D Incidentally, me and Philip got together that night...



Philip being cookie monster... dum-de-dum... COOKIE!!!!!... nom nom nom nom...



Day after Lucy's party and there were balloons left over. Philip stuck a balloon to my head, and I was clearly not mastering the art of blowing up a balloon...



Snow day and I was trying to make a head for my snowman...



On the left is a guy about to throw a ball...on the right is a french octopus trying to throw a ball... [this was my insane art skills on the DS... I rule, right?]



Philip enjoying the french onion soup I made him...

1 comment: