Tuesday 18 August 2009

Why am I so fed up?

The last 4 days I have been a sense of melancholy and deep boredom! I know I have things to do; I've got my french to learn, soap operas to catch up on and an article to write for 'The Argument', yet I can't bring myself to do it. Today is worse than its been a long time - I don't usually feel depressed, but today in particular I have been extremely down in the dumps and I don't know why. I think most of it is that I have been stuck in my bedroom for 3 weeks now with nothing to do. I've got no money, my boyfriend has gone off on holiday, I haven't seen my friends (the few that I have anyway!) in over 2 and a half weeks and I am getting bored of everything - even the things I usually love to do. I thought "lets write an article".... but I couldn't write it because my mind went blank and I couldn't think of anything; and I didn't feel like doing it after that. I haven't felt 'in the mood' to learn any French for 4 days. I haven't done any running for weeks now and I really don't feel in the mood to do that, even though it used to make me happy. And I just went to look at pictures of me and Philip; something that 4 days ago, would make me smile very much and laugh my head off because we have such weird and wonderful pictures. But today, I am just down in the dumps quite badly and I don't know why. Nothing seems to make sense. Before these past few days, I had been feeling happier than ever and truely optimistic. I thought that next year would be a brilliant new start for me at university; I would make loads of new friends, join a billion and 1 societies, continue my great relationship with my wonderful boyfriend. This will still happen (I hope), don't get me wrong. But now, my mind has suddenly gone from one extremity (optimism) to another (pessimissm) and I don't know how to shake it since I don't really know what the leading cause is. I guess its a combination of being truely fed up of Philip not being here; being bored to tears, almost, with everything that I do day in, day out - nothing ever changes. I wake up - usually too late - turn on my laptop, check facebook throuhgout the day about 200 times, watch a few soaps maybe, play some music that I am sick and tired of on youtube and chat to the same people everyday - I love these people, don't get me wrong... but its just the routine of it. I want to be able to say "I know... today I will go shopping!" or spontaneously decide to go out clubbing with mates but I have no money. Instead I am stuck in my dingy room as per usual wishing I could get out. And all the while, family issues occur. Mum gets a bill through the post of just under £3000 which the shitty Inland Revenue over paid her six damn years ago and only informed her of today! That means now my birthday will be virtually non-existant and we will have to virtually starve for the next 3 years while she pays that back on top of her other bills! I can't go out clubbing with my mates for my birthday - even though I've 'planned' a joint birthday party with Justine - because I have no money! I guess this just makes up for what a bad, terrible, horrible person I am.... thanks life... thanks for giving me almost the worst year ever (apart from giving me ONE good thing, and thats Philip!) and then making my birthday the suckiest I've ever experienced in my life. You know... maybe I am being too pessimistic here, because I know I have Philip and he will probably make me really happy on my birthday. But when I get in this frame of mind where everything sucks and everything is boring and nothing is going how I want it to go, I can't see anything in a positive light. The sooner Philip comes back and saves me from this misery the better!

2 comments:

  1. Happens in life.....days of boredom are usually followed by excitement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saz: where you at? where 've you been? and I mean the blog because I haven't been on messenger either. Perhaps, if you tell us about all the UK law, you'll triple ace your exams. You were bound to, in any case, but help us help us help us! you brilliant young friend. hugs

    ReplyDelete